Located in Central North Carolina, Abernethy Law works with its clients to bring inspired solutions to litigation. Kathryn F. Abernethy has experience litigating in civil courts, administrative forums, arbitration, mediation and on appeal. She brings both a wealth of experience and fresh ideas and approaches to dispute resolution.
While we care deeply about every client the firm accepts for representation, as a woman lawyer Kathryn Abernethy has a particularly keen interest in representing women in cases involving discrimination, sexual assault and harassment, and products unique to women consumers.
The types of cases Abernethy Law focuses on include:
- Commercial Disputes, including cases for Breach of Contract, Fraud, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Consumer Fraud and Unfair Trade Practices;
- Civil Rights, Tort and Employment cases involving issues unique to women;
- Professional licensure actions;
- Insurance Coverage matters, particularly those affecting small to mid-sized businesses;
- Products Liability cases involving prescription drugs and medical devices;
- Civil appeals, including the submission of amicus curiae briefs for trade associations or community groups.
Abernethy Law doesn’t believe in one-size-fits-all litigation strategies. We don’t recycle the same playbook in every case we file. Every client and their situation is unique, and Abernethy Law uses experience, creative thinking and a willingness to dig deep on both the facts and the law to produce the best result possible.
Fill out the contact form today to see if Abernethy Law can help you resolve conflict and achieve your goals.